Twin horses born in Georgia Updated: Apr 03, 2013 4:26 PM CST
Born On Easter
Jesus is my hope and trust
Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. How we thank God, who gives us victory over sin and death through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Jesus lives, and so shall I: Death, thy sting is gone forever! He for me hath deigned to die, lives the bands of death to sever. He shall raise me from the dust: Jesus is my hope and trust.
Christian Furchtegott Gellert (1715-1769)
Just a happy ending?
What difference does Christ’s resurrection make? Is it just a happy ending to an otherwise tragic tale? No, of course not. Jesus had to rise, as Peter eloquently stated at Pentecost. It was impossible for death to defeat the Lord of life. The Resurrection proves that Jesus was the Son of God. Our faith is built on this solid foundation. As Paul wrote, “If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.…If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men” (1 Corinthians 15:17, 19). But He has risen! And as Jesus promised His disciples, “Because I live, you also will live” (John 14:19).
Without Christ, human life is merely prolonged death. Everything is decaying. But Jesus gives us eternal life, which radically changes our life on earth. Not only do we have eternity to look forward to, but we have the power to live in right relationship with God and others right now in our daily lives. Jesus is our hope for the future and our trust for each day. Praise Him!
Our “Resurrection Week” readings are adapted from The One Year® Book of Hymns by Mark Norton and Robert Brown, Tyndale House Publishers (1995). Today’s is taken from the entry for April 2.
Digging Deeper/Telling Others: For more on the meaning of Easter, read Why the Resurrection by Greg Laurie (Tyndale, 2005), also available in 6-pack for distribution.
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House
- Triumphecy in Christ Jesus (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Christ Is Risen! Amen (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- take this message of repentance to all the nations (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Death Could Not Hold Him! Amen (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Fighting Temptation (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Crown of Glory (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Was Tempted Yet Sinless (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- The Tree That Keeps On Giving! (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Christ Our Remeemer (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- All Glory, Laud and Honor (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)